When we think of alleviating other people’s suffering, our own suffering is reduced.
“The Book of Joy” p. 254
Faith traditions around the world teach us to “love our neighbor as ourselves” and to “do unto others as we would have done unto us.” As relational beings living in a relational universe, at Foundry Spiritual Center, we engage the spiritual practice of generosity, of sharing what we have with others, and of offering love and kindness as we are able. This page reflects the ways we are working to give back
in the communities where we live and serve.
- provided diapers, wipes and formula to the SSMorris African Methodist Episcopal diaper pantry
- continued support of caring for the earth through annual membership and financial support of Clean Lakes Alliance and Friends of Starkweather Creek
- purchased gift cards and a new office coffee maker for the social workers at Lutheran Social Services that are working to resettle refugees from Afghanistan.
- continued efforts to better care for the environment through annual memberships to financially support Clean Lake Alliance and Friends of Starkweather Creek
- providing aid to organizations that are assisting refugees from Ukraine, and also providing funds for supplies that will be delivered to families that are still in Ukraine and need assistance.
- donated funds to support the African American Council of Churches annual Juneteenth Celebration in Madison, WI.
- provided ongoing monthly support to The Collaboration Project
- ongoing support of the International Justice Mission - IJM works to rescue and restore victims, bring criminals to justice, and strengthen justice systems.
- ongoing support of Jubilee USA Network, which works to serve and protect the world's most vulnerable populations by working to influence world-wide decision makers via legislative advocacy.
- Donated funds to assist with relief efforts for families in Kentucky who lost their homes due to historic flooding.
- Donated funds to support that work of BACO (Black-American Community Outreach) in Sheboygan, WI
- provided financial support of the efforts of the Dimock Center in Boston, MA, which aims to provide equitable access to health care and education
- provided food and grant money to sponsor a field day at Lindbergh Elementary
- provided classroom snacks for students at Sandburg Elementary
- donated to the African American Council of Churches Juneteenth Celebration in Madison, WI
- provided gift cards to thank college students that have tutored children from local elementary schools in Madison, WI that needed assistance during online learning.
- made monthly financial donations to the Collaboration Project
- provided ongoing financial support to the Sandburg Pantry
- purchased items to donate to the Good Neighbor Personal Essentials Pantry
- helped local families in Madison, WI that are facing financial hardship due to job loss from COVID-19
- continued support of caring for the environment through financially supporting Clean Lake Alliance and Friends of Starkweather Creek
- sponsored the "For Dane" community outreach event and provided gift baskets and gift card to local school custodial staff throughout Dane County Wisconsin.
- providing underwear and warm socks for local residents that utilize The Beacon homeless resource center in Madison, WI
- helped support the startup of a black-owned business initiative that will provide mentorship to local young men
- fully furnishing an apartment for a refugee family from Afghanistan that is being resettled in Milwaukee, WI.